Sunday, January 16, 2011

Life intervenes, so cram everything into 1 month

Well I have not been able to much in the past few months, as my first semester of grad school took up a whole lot of time.

So in the last month I have been rather busy. I decided our Barony should give out scrolls when their Excellencies award the honour of inducting someone to the Order of the Sable Bell. I am not one to say "yea someone should..." So I created 4 scrolls for their Excellencies use, showed them to yesterday and they were pleased. Yea! So now I will be doing scrolls for the Barony. See images below, I did them in pen and ink in honor of the "Sable" bell.

what else am I doing? Well Dayboard for Bellringers, the Barony's Birthday, what am I making I think very yummy food, we shall see what the verdict is...this is my first attempt at food for the masses at an event.

Menu
Fruited Brisket: onions garlic, pomegranate juice (replaced wine), brown sugar, crystallized ginger, ginger, flour, salt, pepper, dried fruits.

Tart on Ember Day: onions cheese, currants, sugar, ginger, parsley, cinnamon, egg,

Hard Boil Eggs

Vegetable soup: tomato juice, water, broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, onions, garlic, oregano, carrots, celery

Sallat: Turnips, parsnips, beets, almonds, filberts, cabbage, prunes, dates, raisins, pear, apricots, plums and mustard dressing

Bread with honey butter, and thinking I need a savory herb butter as well.

Lavender Vanilla biscuits: Lavender, vanilla, butter, flour, powered sugar

Mulled hot cider & iced tea

So that is the menu and my busy life, the menu is actually a vegetarians dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment